Charging /Idiot light

Have 90 Miata (new to me) Prob.: idiot light "flickers" at accelerating high rpm, then goes out.

My 'read' (without comprehansive analysis) is worn brushes, anyone agree?

Since the battery is a gel type, can the regulator output voltage be trimmed to 14.2v (or is it already)???? Anyone using an external ("smart" three stage) regulator for proper gel charging: bulk, acceptance then float?

Reply to
RichH

Actually, the battery is an AGM, not a gel. Dunno the answers to your questions, but some '90s are still on their original batteries, so Mazda must have done something right.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers