Glass cleaner

My wife found that Armor-All Glass Cleaner was the least-streak prone:

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

That's funny, I was just about to post the same product suggestion, at almost the exact same time when I saw your post. I know a house-cleaner that knows nothing about automobile products in general, but she found the Armor-All brand to be the best glass cleaner to use as well. I generally don't like Armor-All products, a neighbor once "helped me out" by putting armor-all tire treatment on my top in large quantities. It took a long time to get it off, and the car still had greasy streaks running down it after several washings.

But the glass cleaner does work very well, I use it in the house and on my car windows.

Pat '96M

Reply to
pws

It's the only stuff we've ever found that reliably doesn't streak on mirrors in the bathrooms...

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Use Bon-Ami cleanser on a wet sponge (only Bon-Ami, no other brand). Rinse, then polish with newsprint.

BTW, don't clean glass in the sun, or it will streak.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Years ago I got a great tip from a professional janitorial employee. Use a little ammonia in water. Ammonia is a great cleaner and evaporates without leaving any residue behind. I keep a spray bottle handy for windows and any other little cleanup job. It works superbly, and it is very inexpensive. I use the mixture all the time for everything (top, dashboard, door panels, seats, etc.) and the same 2 quart ammonia bottle has lasted for over six years!

Reply to
Larry Gadbois

Sure, but I'd suggest using either really soft water, distilled water, deionized water or, in a pinch, even Aquafina water ;-)

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

When I clean the glass in my baby, it streaks after 24 to 48 hours (top up or down). I've tried Windex, a "professional" spray cleaner, a water/alcohol mix, and Streak Free (a glass polish). It doesn't matter if I use T-shirts, towels, paper towels or newspaper - they still streak! Any ideas on a way to clean them so they stay streak-free for a few days?

Randy

Reply to
Randy Maheux

Stoner's Invisible Glass with a microfiber cloth works very well and seems to keep the windows clean for a couple of weeks. Everything else seems to fog back up very quickly.

Tom

92 Red

Dana Myers wrote:

Reply to
Tom Howlin

Professional window cleaners use dishwashing liquid with water. Give that a try before going out and buying some chemicals..

Reply to
Jim80

I tried the Bon Ami. It worked very well but was kind of messy to use inside the car. It has become my cleaner of choice for my glass shower door, however!

Next I tried the amonia/water mix. It was clearly (no pun intended) better than Windex or the "Professional" spray cleaner.

I'll try the Armorall this weekend and let all know the outcome.

Reply to
Randy Maheux

Everyone has a favorite method. I use "Golden Grain" to get various oils and crud to at least loosen up. Then clean water with a very small amout of dish detergent (without all the additives). Finally RainX on the outside, and, if necessary, an "AntiFog" solution from an auto supply store on the inside.

Reply to
chuckk