clean glass inside

I washed and waxed my 2003 GLI today. Then I used Rain-X Glass Wipes on the outside glass. Imo, the Wipes do a very good job of improving water shedding. I would like to use a good glass treatment on the inside, too, but I have not looked for any. I don't smoke, but some kind of film builds up on the inside glass. Can anyone tell me what a good inside window cleaner is, or will I be using a generic Windex again?

I saw a little falling snow early Christmas morn as I crossed the eastern continental divide, but no other falling snow. The roads were dry, very light traffic, and I did not see one patrol car. The stock

17" wheels/tires gave zero noticeable vibration at a quite high speed. Smooth as glass. Red
Reply to
Polina

A bit of windex on a paper towel to clean the glass works, but even the anti-streak will leave you with a film... Polish the whole glass area with a clean cotton towel (preferably as soft as possible and one that doesn't "shed" the little fibres). I find polishing the glass at night with the porch lights or a street light shinning though gives you the best results, as you can more easily see the streaking you are trying to get rid of.... I did it during the day once and it looked good, but there were swirl marks everywhere.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

******* Windex with vinegar & newspaper - should give you a *very* clean window. (& no lint:^) ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

We all know cleaning the inside of the windshield is not an easy task. Windex makes it hard. What you need is a good glass cleaner like Invisible Glass, put out by a co. named Stoner.

I have used it on my 2 vehicles and not only is easy to use-spray on wipe off with paper towel-but it works extremely well. It worked so well the first time I tried it I wound up doing every single piece of glass on all my vehicles and both sides.

Autozone sells this product and other Stoner products(tire shine etc)

Reply to
Simplstupd

I know a smoker who uses Comet cleanser. I would not consider that, since it is abrasive. However I would consider Bon Ami cleanser if Windex did not cut it, but have not done that. Dealing with the residue that might hit the dash stops me.

I have used ammonia with success. No residue. Keep the windows open. Orient the car so the wind blows on you before the windshield. Wear nitrile gloves.

There is an old window washer trick. Finish up with horizontal strokes inside and vertical strokes outside. Then you can distinguish streaks being in or out.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

On a similiar note, I remember a article stating that Armour All is a very bad thing to use as it causes the plastics to give off and build up on the glass. In effect, it is slowly destroying the plastics it advertises it protects, causing you to use more often. I don't remember the 'right' stuff, might have been maguires...

2 cents
Reply to
Rick De Visser

Nerver use Windex.. espicall on windows with tent. use a can of Spray-a-way from Napa or use Napa cleaner.. works excellant.

-Lee

Reply to
Lee

liquid sugar soap (not the mix from powerder stuff) is fantastic for both sides of the windoscreen! completely stops the wipers smearing

Reply to
Nathan Lucas