MAZDA3+GENERAL HATCH VS SEDAN

Hi I'm trying decide whether a mazda3 hatch or a sedan would suit me best, and I'm finding that both offer excellent advantages.

I have also noticed that in europe hatches and wagons are especially popular.

Are there any Europeans here who can give me an idea why this is so?

Is this a popular preference or do hatches come in handy in Europe's more twisty urban streets.

I'm in Toronto, Canada and would be interested in finding some information on this matter.

Thanks

Reply to
Ellas

Gee, that is a hard one to answer. Since this is a Miata Group, and NOT a "mazda 3" group and Miatas don't come in "hatchback" or "sedan" options, I think you need to figure this one out for yourself ! :-)

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Yup, ask us about this RWD roadster verses that one, and you'll get more opinions than you care to read. Ask us about this FWD-hardtop-with-a-back-seat verses that one, and you'll just get confused stares. Which is really hard to do on Usenet.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Hatchbacks are very popular in France at least, particularly in this size class, i.e Mazda3, Renault Megane, Peugeot 307,VW Golf. It's rare to see a sedan version of any of these. I think their popularity has more to do with practicality than street scene. They're extremely easy to live with if you have any amount of 'stuff' to move around.

Some of us want both and are very glad we no longer live in Toronto.

Reply to
hotclub57