On the sillyness of the human race

I just came back from a gorgeous drive home from our faculty meeting, with temperatures ranging from about 80F to 70F.

It has made me think about how silly it really is to have the summer period in summer. During summer, it is often too hot top down during the day, while the drives to and from work are just great. On the other hand, during winter the temperatures are unbearably cold, (and may even be hovering near freezing,) in the morning and evening, while mid day is nice, also an excellent time to work in the yard, and great for finding more congenial climates down south in Latin America.

Whose idea was it to have summer in summer, anyway?

Leon

Earthlink reset all message numbers, so I may miss some messages.

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

It's worse in some places, such as Phoenix. I had the TR3 there. During the summer, I usually drove it in the evening after the sun went down. Even then, top down, I had to watch the temp gage, not idle in traffic, etc. as the temp would still be around 100. In the "winter", it rained so much that the water on the streets could quickly get up to the floorboards.

Phoenix, to my way of thinking, isn't top-down sports car country.

It's better here in Sillycon valley; you can get in some serious top down time without too much planning.

I think the key to summer is finding someplace where it is more the norm than the exception.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Stoorza

Huh?? It obviously is. The water is not going to come to the floor boards then.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen