Shocks & Springs Recommendations

After a little research and some good advice from this group, I ended up buying the Goodyear Eagle F1 195/60x15 tires mounted on Kasei K1 Racing 15x7 Rims for my 90 Miata. I am still in the break in period of

500 miles, then it will be fun time in the streets.

Now I need help with shocks and springs. I'm leaning towards adjustable shocks, either the Tokiko Illuminas or the KYB AGXs. For springs, I'm looking at either the Teins which are suppose to lower the front 1.1" and rear by 0.7" or the JDM Sport springs which are suppose to lower all four corners about 1 1/2 ". Any and all advice is welcome. I will post some photos as soon as I get the package complete.

Thanks, Wileyman

Reply to
Wileyman

I've been very happy w/ the KYB's, had 8 way adj on the 92 and have 4 way adj on the 99. Can't compare / contrast to the Tokiko's but versus worn stock, they're wonderful and the adjustability is very useful and pretty darn easy. On the springs, I appreciate ground clearance too much in my situation to go lowering much but hey, if that's not an issue and you can stand the somewhat more brutal ride, lower is better as far as handling goes (with some exceptions I suppose).

Don't forget the pics when you get done!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

"Wileyman" wrote

all advice is welcome.

Well, seeing how you asked....KONIs and stock springs.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

I'd suggest Bilstein HD shock absorbers. They are superior in everyway. Your car will feel like a new car. My old '92 got a set of them and they are really good. Better than the KYB adjustables or the Koni adjustables I've had before. I'd also suggest to be careful about lowering the Miata as the handling can be compromised by lowering the car. Also, your alignment will definitely get out of whack and you'll wear out your tires in a hurry unless you get the camber adjusted straight away...

Reply to
manuel