Speaker wiring

A number of UKaftermarket suppliers for MX5 recommend and supply a JVC 10cm replacement headrest speaker. These are rated at 4 ohm. I understand that the original Mazda speakers are 8 ohm. I assume that these are wired in pairs and in parallel - giving a nominal 4 ohm impedance. Using the same wiring would result in a 2ohm impedance with 4 ohm speakers. They appear to work from customer reviews but the specs of every head unit that I have encountered specifies 4 - 8 ohm. Any light to shed on this? Morien

Reply to
Morien Morgan

chuckk