Tyre Pressures Sportrac 2 - Help please.

Hi All

I have just put Vredestein Sportrac 2 185 60 14 82V all round my 2002 MX5

1.8i.

The pressures on the label on the car are 26psi. I ran the Yoko Advan A460 that were on the car at 26psi and they wore reasonably evenly across the tread.

The Vredestein site gives a pressure of 220kPa front and 230kPa rear. This appears to equate to 32psi front and 33psi rear.

Anyone got any experience of these tyres or use pressures higher than Mazda suggest for the original tyres?

Only got the tyres 2 days ago and put about 29 front and 30 rear in them as a compromise to start with. Can't really say how they handle yet but they seem OK. Have done about 220 miles so far but all in bad conditions for East Anglia, UK. Included a few miles on fresh snow on country lanes where the car drifted beautifully.

Thanks for any assistance. Please reply to group.

Reply to
The invisible man

Interesting that they give pressures for specific cars.

I believe almost all of us do. Typically 28 psi or a few more.

Sounds to me that the numbers are chosen for performance. If the harsher ride does not bother you, blow them up to 32/33. Do make sure they are *recommended* pressures, not *maximum* pressures.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen