tyre pressures?

I'm running the 185 (as opposed to the 165) tyres on my bug, but can't find the correst pressure for them anywhere, as the m,akers had the foresight to not print their pressures on the fuel flap, books preve contradictory. what pressure must i pump to (front and rear)

Reply to
bob

This varies with what model car, but early light ones rides ok with 18 to

20psi up front and 28 to 30 at the rear. These numbers are lower than specified for the front and slightly higher for the rear...

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I have the 165 tires and I 'pump them up to' 20 psi. front and 35 psi. rear.

Reply to
Sleepy Joe

As the tire contact patch gets smaller, your tires need less pressure to support the car. As a first guess, try the stock pressures multiplied by the ratio 165/185. It will probably need to go just a bit lower than that.

-

Jim Adney