Tyres - UK Mazda MX5

Hi All

Can anyone help to identify any tyres that are particularly good on MX5s

The car is a 2002 1.8i

It is used throughout the year in Essex, England which is fairly dry but damp enough for the back to step out if I am careless enough to accelerate on a roundabout.

I don't drive like a lunatic but don't want to get caught out on a country lane when a bend suddenly tightens

The car is standard with alloys shod with Yoko 185/60 14

We have Bridgestone Potenzas on our Mazda 3 Sport which seem to do quite well.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Reply to
The invisible man

See

FWIW, The tires I really like are the Toyo T1-S and Yoko 100ES ones. They have incredible traction in the dry and rain, but I would not recommend "seeing what happens" on snow or ice, and they do not last that long.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

My '99 1.8i rolls along on Michelin Pilot tyres. Lies in Sussex so similar weather. Last well, grip well, round and black. What more could a man want?

"
Reply to
ISando

What more could a man want?

How about the great dry grip and almost telepathic turn in of a Falken Azenis (195/6014, these are fun, last ~ 15,000 km)?

Or perhaps the 'lift a wheel' grip of a Kuhmo Ectsa V70A (215/50/13 or

225/45/13 on 7.5"x13" wheels, these are really fun, but don't last long
Reply to
bgt