overdrive vib ration

When cruising in the city, and I get to 70kph (40+mph), the overdrive kicks in. But most of the time (and one other driver says "always") there is a significant vibration for just a second or two when it starts up. When the OD is pushed off, this doesn't happen (because, of course, the overdrive isn't on). What might be the problem, if any?

Alan in Vancouver, BC

Reply to
Alan Andrew

It is alleged that Alan Andrew claimed:

I don't have an answer, but it might help if you said which model and year vehicle it is. I only know two things about your vehicle: It's a Mazda and it has an automatic transmission. But that leaves at least a hundred possibilities.

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan

Of course: 2001 Tribute V6.

Reply to