Latest threads in Mercedes Autos and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

high idle
84 500 SEL. Idles around 1800. When the idle computer is unplugged, there is no change what so ever in the idle, at all. Bad unit?
4
4

A/C stops working for unknown reason
89 560SL If the outside temperature is mild the a/c works ok. Not super cold, but ok. If it sits in the sun (Phoenix AZ 110 degrees) the a/c may or may not come on. Yesterday I noted it did come on....
1
1

Mercedes 300SD - 1983
I love those giant boxes of steel and am looking into buying one. Coudl anyone tell me things to look for in terms of reliability issues. They are old cars, and as well built as they were, there have...
6
6

560SEC- Thump in rear suspension GONE!!!
There was air in the top of the "shock absorber" which could not be removed by bleeding at the bleed valve on the control unit, which is lower. It is necessary to loosen the connection on the top of...

Legal diesels---when??
When will they be legal in the last states holding out?
2
2

Starter Motor Problems
Hi All, Some of you may remember that my starter began to operate intermittently. I checked it 'repeatedly' myself, took it repeated to a Car part place where they tested it on a maching (presumably...
6
6

New C-class
Just in the news today: Set to arrive in U.S. Mercedes-Benz dealerships on August 7, the next- generation 2008 C-Class sedan is larger than its highly successful predecessor, with a greater emphasis...
6
6

190E Ignition Timing
I want to check the ignition timing on my 190E engine. The manual shows using a scope and says nothing about timing light. I can't see any marks on the engine due to the tensioner assembly. Am I...
1
1

Mercedes Body needy!
Looking for a body in good condition(no rust, dents) to drop my 1980 300D engine and transmission into. Thanks!
2
2

Couldn't resist the lure of the B class
I've just bought a B class, non-turbo because the turbo was quite 'twitchy' off the start. Anyone interested how the driving experience will be and how it behaves let me know. cheers, guenter
7
7

EHA Valve Euro 1990 560 SEC
Question for the group, but for Karl in particular since he seems to be the expert on this thing. Is there a difference between EHA Valves for a European Model as opposed to the USA/Canada version of...
3
3

1999 MBC CLK 430 CD Changer
I was thinking of buying a new CD changer on EBAY, but I don't know if I have the right one. Is there a part number? Can any fool install this?
2
2

Seattle area paint shop?
My '92 300D is in pretty good shape but the clear coat is crazed to the point that the only real cure is to sand it down and re-shoot it. Anybody recommend a good shop that uses Glasurit? JD

Can you I.D this turbocharger, and what PSI is the wastegate set at?
I need to know the wastegate setting for this turbo. I think its off 300 +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: turbooo |Download:
14
14

Help, brakes & bearings...
RE: 98 ML320 I need a little help, in ordering all the right parts, please! I have a very experienced mechanic that's willing to do a few repairs for me( and save me the trek to my regular guy) This...
6
6