1974 280 carb problem...WHAT NOW??????

Allright, so I bought a car that I shouldn't have but now it's too late. Latest problem is that my Solex A1 has just been COMPLETELY rebuilt. I mean that sucker
was purring like a little kitty since the rebuild last Thursday. No spit, no sputter, nothing....until yesterday when it won't start AGAIN. Now, before the rebuild, I would take the carb spray and go to town. NOW, EVEN THAT WON'T GET IT STARTED! The carb guy said my engine coil needed to be replaced soon. Is that the problem? The battery is good, the fuel pump is good, the fuel lines are clear, and the carb is clean. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much.
Remove one spark plug - an easily accessed one - and see if it's wet with fuel. If so the engine may be flooded in which case you should try to start the engine with the accelerator floored - no pumping, just floor it and hold it there while cranking. If the coil is OK the engine will start, otherwise, you now know the engine has fuel so the spark must be the missing ingredient.
If the spark plug is bone dry there's no fuel and you need to determine why. A sharp rap on the side of the carburetor may unstick a hanging float - that's the only "tip" I can suggest short of cracking the fuel line to see if there's fuel going to the carburetor.