1985 190 E 2.3 idle Speed and Mixture Adjustment

Hello all,

I have a 1985 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3. I have been working on it for a few days now and have fixed most all of the problems. I had a vacuum leek that was hard to find. It was hidden under the intake manifold. The hose was completely off; once I put it back on it was fine. But I messed with the idle speed and mixture adjustment. It is the one that needs a hex or Allen wrench on the top of the air filter cover to adjust.

My question is this, is there a default for this setting? Or is it hit and miss? I have it running but it is above 10,000 rpm at idle. What is the manufacture standard idle setting? I think it is between 9k and

7k. I am not sure what it is. Also what direction makes the idle speed go higher or lower, right or left?

By the way don't lend your car to your neighbor! I lent it to her once and she bough it back messed up. Then I lent it to her again and she left it at Kinko's parking lot and not running. I had to have it towed back to my place and fix it myself. I should have learned the first time around.

Anyway any help would be helpful. Also is this adjustment one adjustment or two?

Thanks

Reply to
geckkoe