95 306 DTurbo Idle speed?

Guy's

Does anyone know what the idle speed should be on a 95 306 Dturbo? should it be any different if the engine is hot or cold?

Currently what ever the temperature it sits slightly over 1K rpm (seems to run too fast to me?)

Cheers Simmey

Reply to
Simmey

My 405TD with the 1.9 engine is supposed to idle at 750 when warm and

850 when cold. It doesn't though. The idle speed is set by a lever on the back of the pump. There will be a flexible cable running from the thermostat housing to the back of your fuel pump. If this has seized then the idle speed won't change.
Reply to
yeha

Reply to
MIKE ROCHE

I believe it should be 800 or 850rpm when warm and nearer 1000rpm when cold. That's what mine does and I'm sure I've read is somewhere but can't find it right this moment.

Stuart

Stuart Dalby

Ok. Found it in my Haynes manual:

Idle speed: Models not fitted with air conditioning, 750 to 800 rpm Models with air conditioning, 800 to 850 rpm

Fast Idle speed (all models): 950+/-50 rpm

Stuart

Stuart Dalby

Excellent!! Cheers Peeps...

Simple job to change the speed / check the thermostat setting ?

Ad

Reply to
Simmey

Reply to