1999 CLK 320 - ASR/BAS Lights

99 CLK 320. Switch on and ASR/BAS light is lit and car won't start. If you cycle the ignition and try to start it quickly it will start and then die straight away, if you wait until the dash lights are illuminted then it won't fire at all.

This has happened on two previous occasions and both times switching off then on resolved the issue but this time it's not budging!

Can anyone suggest any possible causes and solutions?

Thanks

Darren

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Change the battery. It resolved my folks 01 E320.

Reply to
Tiger

Over voltage protection relay itself or the fuse on top of the relay?

Reply to
-

Could I ask where that would be located?

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

Gave up on it for the day, re-tried the next morning and it started first time. Now two weeks later it's done it again. Bl**dy annoying!