200E Dash Lighting

Hi All,

Lighting behind ALL my interior switches won't work (switches themselves do). From extensive research(!) the bulbs behind the vent controls, mid dash switches, window & mirror switches, & S/R are all on the one circuit. However there doesnt appear to be a fuse for these. Everything else is working fine.

Has anyone experianced this? Any pointers / known weak points in this circuit (please!) ? I've taken apart the dash, tested bulbs etc but now am stuck. Im reluctant to give to a hack electrician, but cost of MB Dealers is prohibitive.

Many thanks for any help here

N. (1991 200E)

Reply to
MrG

I had taillights that wouldn't work at all on my 240D - what I had to do was take apart the taillight, and I found that the metal circuit etching had cracked in several places, breaking the circuit. I dropped some hot liquid metal in each of the cracks, then used JB Weld to fix the metal in place. Everything works now, but for how long, I don't know.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Sunilito

I had that happen on 81 300D for the dumest reason...the lighting plug behind the speedometer vibrated loose.Replugged it with a bit of silicon sealer to override viberation and the entire dash and tranny hump lit back up.

Reply to
Arnold Walker