300E A/C Suddenly Blows Hot Air

My 1987 300E air conditioning has begun to suddenly go from cold air to blowing really hot air. Turn it off for a bit then it will again blow cold air when turned on. One time I accelerated and after a half block or so it returned to cold air. One time as I let off the accelerator to slow for a turn and it started blowing hot air. Speed sensor? Does a bad monovalve have any affect on the air conditioning?

Pete Cowper

1987 300E Visalia, California
Reply to
Pete Cowper

Your refrigerant level is low... you need to charge it up.

Reply to
Tiger