300td front shocks questions

because I know you know...

  1. Is replacing these something I can do in my driveway? That is, wit the car on stands can I slide the shocks into position? Or do I have t find someplace with a lift?

  1. I'm going for the Bilsteins, they seem to be the majority's choice but I'm torn between the heavy duty and the comfort - what are the mai differences? I drive only a few miles each day on city streets(now) bu may end up driving 25 miles each way on our good Texas highways.

Thanks for your advice and opinions!

tweak

-

Message posted using

information at

tweaks

Yes, you can do the job yourself on the stand. You will actually need two stands. Jack up one side only and then place a safety jack stand underneath the lower control arm. Lower the car down a bit so the lower control arm is resting on the jack stand.

Then place the other jack stand to a solid structure for safety purpose...

Now, you can work on the front shocks.

I would say stick with comfort as it is close to Stock spec... HD is rough under city street.

Reply to
Tiger

Thanks! I was leaning towards the comfort myself. I appreciate you advice, as always...

tweak

-

Message posted using

information at