380Sl Speedometer Just Quit

The speedometer on my 81 380sl just quit. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be and how to fix it? Is there a sending unit somewhere that I can check before I take the speedo out?

Thanks

Reply to
Larry

If both odometer and speedometer have quit, look at speedometer cable. It should attach to transmission near back and have little gear wheel to drive shaft output.

-Kent

Reply to
Kent_Diego

If it is the cable go to the dealer. I bought two mail order cables that didn't last 6 months.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks for the advice but it was the speedometer, not the cable or sending unit. So I sent it out to Overseas Speedometer to be repaired.

Reply to
Larry