4Matic and tires

Hi,

short question. Is it critical in 4Matic models to maintain tires and the same level of thread usage. I know it is very important in case of Subaru's and their implementation of AWD where the system reacts even for very small differences in rotation of wheels. 4Matic is very different as the computer applies brakes in case of wheel spin and all diffs are open.

In my '00 E320 4Matic I got two tires in very good shape and two to be replaced soon. Normally I would replace set of four. Thus my question.

Thx, Andy

Reply to
Andy