I posted a note about 3 weeks ago but have been on the road for business and
missed the responses that might have been posted in response. If you could
take the time and share your insights I would be appreciative. I live in
Connecticut - fair amount of snow so I am thinking of purchasing a 2002 or
2003 E320 4matic. The question are:
- How does this vehicle really handle in the snow? Can it go thru snow
drifts (relatively small - say 2 feet), or snow on the road without
wandering off the intended path - i.e. track well?
- How does the car corner in rain (I've driven in in dry weather and I like
it but the weather is not always good - of course)
- What is the reliability of the vehicle. JD Powers and other agencies have
been indicating that that MB reliability has suffered quite a bit in the
past few years and I was wondering if it was limited to the C class (very
poor quality) or is the issue broader.
- What kind of problems are common to the E class and the 4matic.
- Dealers do make a difference - what dealer services you car in the CT and
are you happy with them or do they leave you wanting?
Thanks folks, I appreciate your insights and time. Depending on what I
actually buy the cost could be anywhere from $40K to $55K and I want to
ensure I'm spending my money wisely.