92 300E W124 Hard Shifting Except Under Heavy Accelleration

I purchase a 92 300E about 28 months ago and have always been very aware of how this car seems to shift really hard. I can manually shift causing the RPM's to go higher and this makes a much smoother shift. It seems also that the shift points are too low, but this may not be causing the problem, just making it worse.

Vacuum? I don't know where to begin. I have also played a little with the linkage at the air intake but it's tedious to just guess and test drive over and over. HELP!!

Reply to
JimMakepeace

Check your tranny's modulator... driver side a round thing with a vacuum hose attached... make sure hose is tight... make sure it got good vacuum... if everything is okay, then you have to adjust the modulator so it shift softer.

Reply to
Tiger