'93 300e sunroof motor/cable adjustment

Can anybody please tell me the procedure for properly adjusting the motor/cable assembly which opens/closes the sunroof. The assembly is mounted on the left quarterpanel in the trunk. There is a metal setscrew and below it is a plastic knob.

Reply to
darby

You will need the Mercedes manual or cd to see the way Mercedes does it. While many cars have sunroofs, and there are many mechanics out there who can repair them, Mercedes uses a torque jig that sits on the roof and allows matched torque adjustments for both rails. Because the timing is critical, you would need something to measure the torque so the roof would smoothly move forward and backward. When my 124 had a broken rail, I was told by my friend who worked in a MB parts dept., that if I really wanted my sunroof to work as new, I should have a MB mechanic fix it. The trunk assembly is the emergency control for when a cable breaks and you need to close the sunroof. P.

Reply to
pkmaven

Why do you need to adjust it? The motor assembly does not need to be opened when replacing the cable or even the assembly itself.

The knob is for emergency purpose, for example, the sunroof does not close and it is going to rain...

Did you remove the knob and turn the bolt > Can anybody please tell me the procedure for properly adjusting the

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan