95 C280 Blower Motor Speed

Recently the blower motor speed on my 95 C280 has become unstable (the only thing that hasn't given me problems up to this point). It seems to spin up to full speed for a few seconds and then it will appear to slow down to the lowest speed (guessing from what I hear) and then it might return to normal or start the cycle all over again. The other thing I notice is that when I shut the ignition off the fan will continue to run for about 5 seconds and then I hear a relay click and it shuts off. This problem has come and gone several times of the past

4 weeks.

Can anyone give me some hints on how to diagnose the problem before I tear the center console apart? I am assuming a fluke in the control head but I don't have a service manual to trouble shoot the head.

Thanks is advance. Nathan Smith

Reply to
nsmith