A160 CDI (44Kw) Tire Size

Dear all, I'm writing from Rome (Italy). I'm a owner of a A-Class 160 CDI (44Kw), sold the first time in Germay (1999).

This vehicle has on it's documentation the 155/70R15 as unique approved tire size.

I saw that in Italy, the most common tire size for the A-Class is the 195/50 R15 82T. What is the procedure to request a permission for the use of an alternative tire size, like the 195/50 R15 82T ?

I' ve already contacted Daimler-Chrysler Italy, but they told me that this variation is not possible, without further details. I'm concerned about this negative response, because I' m not asking for a particular tire size, but only for the mostly used all over the Europe.

Probably Daimler-Chrysler Italy doesn't offer collaboration for this kind of problem because the vehicle was not sold in Italy. Can you help me to contact the correct center in Germany to obtain the necessary authorization to use 195/50 What is the documentation required for this request ? Sorry for my "not perfect" English.

Thanks.

Reply to
Andrea
195/50R15 tire is too small... your odometer would be off by 3.6% and your fuel efficiency would be lower slightly too. Ride quality would be rough. This tire is about 1" smaller than original tire diameter-wise... or about 20mm smaller.

The proper tire to replace 155/70R15 would be 195/55R15. Your speedometer error would be less that 0.5%.

I didn't know you have to get permission to change to different tire size...

Reply to
Tiger