380Sl heat from under seat

I am new to ownership of an '83 380SL.

When I've been driving a while, I note that there is a lot of heat coming from under the seats - near the hump. I also note that the carpet isn't all there - there is a space (maybe for the seat to slide thru).

Is this heat common or should I address this as a 'rpoblem'? Is this a 'known problem' or only to my vehichle?

Any thoughts on how to 'cure' this?

thanks!!!

Reply to
Robert Blank

from your description it sounds like heat from the catalytic converter. Could be abnormal if converter is partially plugged.

Reply to
Mr. Elbe