help: allowable tire/rim size for pickup

allowable tire size for pickup

I have 14 inch rims on my toyota pickup long box 1-ton and am looking into getting new rims since my steel ones are a bit bent. Someone is selling chrome 15 inch rims --5 bolt

I am wondering if anyone knows if 15 inch rims ever came factory on this truck and if so what were the standard tire size. Right now I have

195-75-14. Without modifications, what would be a standard 15 inch tire size on these trucks. I would not mind knowing what size people have gone up to without clearance problems ex. 225-75-15--would that fit?
Reply to
Giancarlo Pagliaroli

I have seen wheels from jeeps(wranglers,cherokees)on several ltrucks.I had a set of the 15" tacoma 2wd wheels(5 spoke steel) on mine until about 6 months ago when i got a set of '03 mustang gt wheels(17" with

245-45-17 tires) on my 85 xtracab.
Reply to
remove

The dealer said the 15 inch rims are not avail on 5-bolt 2wd pickups?

Reply to
Giancarlo Pagliaroli

The set i had came off of a wrecked '02 2wd tacoma and are faiirly common around here on tacomas.i have a set of 15"cherokee steel wheels stored at a friends house that i had forgotten about.I could send you a picture of them sometime this weekend if you are interested.

Reply to
remove

This link as a good wheel size and tire size finder. It's good if you want plus size something too.

Bubba bin Bubba