Advice needed:leaking cold start injector:450SLC

Hi Gang, I've had my '73 450SLC for a whole month. Its about due for its first glitch. This morning, after cranking her up on a cold morning, I get a strong wif of gasoline from under the hood. Open the hood to find fuel streaming out of the cold start injector near the front of the engine. Its not coming from the hose, but from the housing that is used to mount the injector.

My question is, do I need to replace the whole injector, or are there seals (O rings?) that are likely to cause the problem that can be replaced without having to buy a new injector? The service manual is no help.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Remove it in either instance.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Just removed the cold start valve, and it doesn't appear to be repairable. Its leaking internally.

Steve

Reply to
Steve