Alarm/Immobiliser draining battery problem

Hi - hope someone can shed some light!

I've a 1997 E230 estate (UK W210) - it would appear the alarm/immobiliser is causing the (new & checked) battery to drain if left for a few hours - is this a known problem and if so what's the likely cause??

I've narrowed it down to this by manually locking the car and my problem has disappeared.

TIA!!

Grant

Reply to
Buzby