AMSOIL Filter

Would anyone be able to provide information as to whether or not there is an AMSOIL equivalent oil filter for a OM617 diesel engine (W123

300D)?

Also, is it now common practice to use AMSOIL during break-in of a newly-rebuilt diesel engine? I read in an earlier thread, a post to the effect that some do use synthetic during the break-in perdiod-- something I've never done.

Many thanks!

Reply to
randallbrink

Randall:

AMSOIL has an online parts catalog to specify the correct oil filter for your Mercedes. I can't help you because both of your requests did not include a year model which is needed to populate that online catalog.

Please visit this URL:

From that web page, there is a link: "Find the Filter That Fits Your Vehicle"

After clicking on the Find Filter link, a catalog will open and allow you to choose the Year, Make, Model and Engine size.

AMSOIL may or may not have their own proprietary filter, but will usually have a recommendation for either an AMSOIL synthetic filter OR an oil filter from one of their partners.

You can rest assured that if no AMSOIL filter is listed, the recommendation is a quality filter designed to be used with the AMSOIL lubricants for maximum engine protection.

Please don't hesitate to email me directly for more information.

Reply to
Steve