Re: AMSOIL Products

know people useing amsoil for many years and swear by it. i dont use it.i see no problem with the link to amsoil.may help someone that uses it get a better deal. no moderator here to kick anyone out.lucas

ds549

Thanks Lucas!

I have recently become an independent AMSOIL dealer to try and earn some sort of living if I should be unable to secure another position in my chosen field. I've been unemployed since December 11, 2008. My goal is to be self sufficient and not use unemployment benefits any longer than absolutely necessary.

AMSOIL products are 100 percent synthetic and are made using the very best base stock and additives available in the industry.

AMSOIL has been selling synthetic oil since1972 and was the first.

Like you, I've known about AMSOIL for a long time, but never really knew the benefits of using it. Like many, I just thought is was overpriced. It is more expensive to purchase, but is the least expensive over the life of a vehicle due to superior wear protection, increased fuel efficiency, cooler running engines - as much as 50 degrees F, and a customer convenience by using extended drain intervals.

Many other benefits exist and will provide peace of mind to anyone having the foresight to look past the initial cost of the product and see the benefits associated with a superior engineered product.

Please visit the link below or email me to learn more.

If you decide to order, please use the link below so I receive credit for the sale. After visiting the site below, you decide to make a purchase, you will be re-directed to AMSOIL's site and I will receive credit for the sale.

Thanks again for your vote of confidence in me to provide a useful product for all who visit this newsgroup!

Reply to
Steve

The most economical way to lubricate an engine is to follow the manufacturer's recommendations and maintenance schedule. Paying extra for oil analyses, expensive filters, and dealers' commissions only adds to expense, and does nothing to add to the longetivity of an vehicle. I know of no auto manufacturer who recommends using non-API certified oils.

The author of the sales pitch (deleted) was correct in one of his statements --

Reply to
rmac

I can't comment on the use of the product in daily drivers and like that, but I've been using it in my racing dirtbikes for about a year and a half - both in the gearboxes and the 2S oil in the premix of the two strokes.

In these applications, they beat, hands down, virtually every other product I've used in the past 8 or 10 years. I use the Dominator 2S oil and I'll go easily over a year without fouling a plug. With the same jetting/ratios/etc., nothing else even comes close. Shifting is much smoother using their gear oils.

Typically, they're overpriced once they're marked up several times at your local retailer, but using the "preferred customer" plan makes them a good bit cheaper than the competition.

I understand their lack of API certs and it was a concern of mine as well, but if I was to go with a full synth in my trucks, I wouldn't hesitate to use theirs. I just stick with a good dino oil and change it frequently in these vehicles though. I don't care how long an oil holds up - not breaking down, etc., it still gets dirty.

Reply to
scrape

Cooler running engines?

Now there is something worth exploring...

Can you explain exactly what you have observed in this regard on your own vehicle(s)?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

IT IS OVERPRICED because of the markup to each "sales group" in the chain of delivery to the end user through this multi-level marketing scam!! Suckers begat more suckers!! You just fell for the bait!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

Tom:

That's just hype on your part. AMSOIL has a Suggested Retail Price on every one of their products. They also have established wholesale pricing and as a Preferred Customer, you have access to every AMSOIL product at the very SAME PRICE as I can purchase it.

When you purchase as a Preferred Customer, AMSOIL pays a very small commission to the dealer of record for a particular customer. The commission paid is based on the dealer's monthly sales volume.

Every person that purchases AMSOIL products has an assigned Independent Dealer whether you realize it or not. When a new AMSOIL client goes to the AMSOIL web site and purchases directly from AMSOIL, one of the questions asked when you create your account is if you were referred to the site by an Independent AMSOIL Dealer. If you type in the referral number (mine is

1690163), then I woiuld get the commission. Otherwise, you are assigned to an Independent Dealer randomly by your zip code and the closest dealer to you is assigned to you for life.
Reply to
Steve

Yeah, but with VERY little effort, you can beat that game and get it as cheap or cheaper than competing products.

NOT an Amsoil shill, but I like their products.

Reply to
scrape

As a side note, during my 20+ years in the US Air Force, I noticed that Amsoil is the preferred synthetic lube for all aircraft.

Some new car warrantees demand that ONLY synthetic lubes are used, because they do NOT flash off at the high internal temperatures like petroleum based lubricants.

Petroleum based lubricants leave a sticky residue that cooks into a hard layer, somewht like baked laquer, that can flake off and score vital bearings and surfaces.

I have opened up and examined some of my motorcycle, truck, and car engines, usually after 20,000 to 50,000 miles and found them to be as spartan and clean as when new.

I am in my 60's, and have owned garages, rebuilt about 60 engines, repaired many more than that, and am pleased to have seen my works attain long service lives beyond what they had originally achieved before they were rebuilt, broken in, then switched over to synthetic lubricants.

I suggest that the folks who comprehend genuine science methods will use the less expensive Amsoil, that, with proper testing, go 100,000 miles between oil changes, in commercial OTR and heavy equipment vehicles. Some have 5 gallon to 25 gallon capacities.

In my vehicles, Amsoil gets changed every 27,000 miles, with a filter change at 13,500 miles. Of course, only Amsoil gives me a written warranty against failure of internal parts, on my vehicle with 162,000 miles on the odometer.

Reply to
none

Thank you for the glowing testimonial for AMSOIL. May I use your testimonial on my web page? Please email me directly with consent to post your testimonial on the URL listed below.

Thanx!

Reply to
Steve

Yea gads!! You are even more gullible than I thought if you think that spiff is a "testimonial". :-(

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

So, you're saying that the Air Force uses Amsoil automotive lubricants in aircraft?

Hog wash. No OEM "demands" a synthetic. Most OEMs have their own specifications and approvals for motor oil, it may happen that those specifications and approvals can only be met by a synthetic base stock, but it does not equate to [them] demanding that a synthetic be used.

FWIW, I have not yet found a single OEM approval for -any- Amsoil product.

Not one single one.

Now *that* is funny!

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The Mobil 1 5W-30 grade delivers the viscosity recommended for most General Motors vehicles and many imports. Mobil 1 5W-30 is the first choice of premium car manufacturers, including Corvette. Mobil 1 5W-30 meets:

a.. GM 6094M, GM 4718M (Corvette spec) b.. Ford WSS-M2C929-A c.. Honda HTO-06 d.. ACEA A1/B1 e.. ILSAC GF-4 (API Certified - Starburst)

Reply to
Steve

And this proves that OEMs "demand" a synthetic exactly how?

Amsoil doesn't not have either of these approvals.

Amsoil does not have this approval.

Amsoil does not have this approval.

Amsoil does not meet this specification.

Being the least significant and easiest to meet, does Amsoil even meet this specification Steve?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

My bet is Steve won't be a dealer very long. They don't like this type of topic!!

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J