Availability of R129 ('89-'01 SL) shop manuals (and STYLE!)

Hello All,

I've had my SL for many years now (it's a '94), and see no reason to part with it, as it still runs strong, looks timelessly great, property taxes on it are low, and the replacement model (R230) looks more like a freakin' Toyota... er Lexus "cartoon-type" car we all know a "proper" ragtop roadster ever would!

Sooo... while still relegating many of the mundane or overly complex tasks to the local MB dealership, I'd like to get a repair manual (CD or hardcopy) to help nurse my baby along. Small tasks such as replacing an antenna mast or trunk-mount brake lamp LEDs, would be immeasurably easier without having to noodle it out sans-manual every time.

Unfortunately, it seems MB no longer produces hardcopy shop manuals (since

1990?), and a simple CD manual is not to be had (I heard rumors of a $1000 multi-CD set that implemented full PC diagnostics etc, but that's way overkill for what I want!)

I recently got shnookered for a W129 CD-rom manual on ebay... the seller disappeared and PayPal eventually agreed to refund the modest amount I "won" it for.

Does anyone here know of a source for a R129 shop manual? (even the Benzbin.com does not carry them).

Thanks,

Paul

---

---