KIA Shop Manuals

Here is a WEB site that sells shop Manuals for cars several KIA Owners have expressed the desire to have shop manuals for their cars.Some are listed on this site at:

It is interesting to note that they are as expensive as for a Ferrai.

It looks like KIA is more intersted in screwing their car owners than anything else.

Reply to
Elwood P. Suggins

The Kia shop manuals on your page were $84.95 to $129.95. I took a small sample of other makes including American, German, and Japanese cars. The range was (gasp!) $69.95 to $129.95.

I really fail to see how Kia is screwing anyone here. Actually, these books are available directly from the publisher, who sets their price. The site mentioned sells manuals for all types of cars at whatever prices they want. And no matter how (in)expensive the car is, the book is still about the same price to publish.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Ditto hyundaitech's sentiments. It ain't Kia tht sets the price, it's the publisher. DOH!!!!

When you look at flat rates of 75+ dollars per hour, I fail to see how a manual for 125 buck is ripping you off. If you can do a 2 hour job, it's paid for. Plus if you're a proficient wrench spinner, you can oft beat the flat rate, how do you think a good mechanic (tech) makes above and beyond their salary? PLUS with a 5 year/60k unlimited and 10/100 powertrain, know it'll be pretty much oil changing for me until the year 2012.

I'm again tickled pink the way our Sedonda runs once I convinced the shop it needed something fixed they said it didn't.

Great value for the money. Book or vehicle. Mark

Reply to
pheasant

The only thing screwed is some of the information contained in the books. On the 1997 sephia service manual, under the timing belt replacement section it says to set the cams and crank to TDC, install the belt, and then loosen the bolt on the tensioner to allow it to tension the belt. It then proceeds to tell you to button everything up because you're done. Doing it this way is guaranteed to leave you with a belt that will jump teeth.

Later in the same section of the book under cylinder head replacement, it says to install the belt, rotate 1 5/6 turns to the tension set mark, and then loosen the bolt in the tensioner pulley to tension the belt and tighten to 35 ft/lbs. This is the correct way to do it.

The sephia book also says to use 'silicone sealant' between the #5 camshaft bearing cap and the head. Using silicone here will change the oil clearance in my opinion, what you are supposed to use here is a THIN flange sealant such as hylomar. Silicone is for the corners of the caps and is intended to seal up the valve cover, not the cap to the head.

I could go on and on..the book is good in some respects and just plain sucks in others. I'm not sure if similar problems exist for the service manuals on other types of cars or not.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Hey guys! I just bought something off e-bay. It's a complete manual on a CD. I bought it for like $20 or something. It has complete graphs, parts, instructions, etc. Definitely worth checking out. Just do a search for the type of manual you want. Hope this helps. Later.

Reply to
Nate