C Class '96 model (buld holder)

Hi, I have a C230 Sport K and have found the headlight buld (H1 type, single spoke) has melted into the wee plastic holder. On phoning Merc they said you can't buy the plastic bit separate and it would cost ~£180 for the bulb unit. This seems crazy, as I only need a wee plastic bit to hold the buld in and connect the two wires to. Anyone know if I can buy this part from somewhere else?

Thanks, Colin

Reply to
Colin J

snipped-for-privacy@mbz.org