C280 Wiring harness

I have a 1994 C280 that has a wiring harness issue that is, after much research, a very common problem. I am currently residing in Europe and the good folks who made the car are totally not going to replace this known DEFECT for free. I have seen many posts and web pages were individuals have described this problem and the dealership has replaced the wiring harness for free but they were all in the US and I really don't want to wait until I return to get this fixed. Has anyone ever dealt with a German dealership in trying to get things of this nature taken care of FOR FREE? I have been quoted a price of about 1200 Euros:-(

Reply to
ittia