Wiring Harness 89 Blazer

I have bought the new wiring harness, and attempted to hook up all the wires as they were before however I have a stray orange wire that says illumination but I have nowhere for it to go. This was all for installing a new cd player, but I am back to the OEM radio until I can figure this wiring thing out. If anyone can help that would be awesome. Thanks

Reply to
myozzer

Shep

That should be the OE power source for the OE radio. Most newer radios use that to dim the new LED display. If your new radio doesn't have that feature, just cap/tape it off.

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

OE power source for the OE radio's lights...

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

In most if not all GM vehicles, a solid orange wire, controlled by the headlight switch, is used for turning on any dashboard "night" lights used with gauges, clocks, ashtray, glovebox, shift indicators, etc. Your CD player may not need such a feed. Did the OEM radio have an orange wire input ??

--reed

Reply to
Reed