Crankseal leak advice

My mechanic says that 82 300 SD (234,000 miles) needs to have a leaking crank seal attended to. I have put this off for some time. It does not seem to leak much oil nor consume it between changes.

Appreciate your input. Other things on his list are tie rods-centerlink and Right Shock leak.

Which should be done first.

Thanks for your reply.

Reply to
Brenda Smith

The engine has 30K to 70K to go before it may need to be overhauled; a new seal would be part of that major job. Forget it.

Tie rod ends are much cheaper and much more important for your safety.

A leaking shock will eventually allow the car to bounce but can be neglected if $$ are important - but not the steering linkage i.e tie rod ends.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach