Does anyone here know how the memory seat/steering wheel works in an 87 300SDL?

Hello group.. Have had this car for three years and either I have a problem or can't figure out how this works..According to the owners manual, the steering column telescopic feature is tied in to the memory seats..I follow the directions on setting the seats, but the steering wheel never moves..The memory seat function works perfect, and the manual column adjustment button/motor works normally but I can't get the darn memory part to work the column......Any ideas? Thanks! John

Reply to
John

Hi Don, Thanks for the reply..Sounds like you have a newer car..Mine has the green button and two others marked "1" and "2"..But have tried the same basic steps, and the seats work but wheel doesn't...Maybe there is something wrong but can't imagine what it could be being the manual part works, and the memory seats work..Maybe better take a run over to MB and see if they can make a dummy out of me.... Thanks! John

Reply to
John