E320 code P0170

Hi, this car has 37K miles and runs good but occasionally gives me a check engine light with either a code P0170 or P0173 Fuel trim malfunction. Can anyone tell me what this is and how I can fix it? I can't really afford to take it in unless I have no other options. Thankyou

Reply to
Me

Do'h!! typo, should be P0170, not P0710.....

on the year.

Reply to
Karl
1999 California car

Reply to
Me

Ouch..... if I remember right, for the 99 model year, only the C230 is covered for the air mass. I will let you know tonight.

Reply to
Karl

Sometimes this can be as simple as a loose gas filler cap. Other times not. Before running to the garage inspect the seal and make sure that you are closing it tightly when filling the tank.

Reply to
Josh
99.999999% its gonna be the mass air flow sensor,see all the time here in the shop where i work.
Reply to
MBTECH

You're right it WAS the MAF which I removed and very very very carefully cleaned with a (smoking) pipe cleaner. It's been about a year and no new codes!

'97 E320

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Are you in US? Just wonder any idea to reset service warning light on 98 E320? Thanks

Reply to
dbmethods

Don't mean to sound too ignorant about this but the MAF appears to be a common item that needs maintenance. Where exactly can I find the MAF in this car? Thanks

Reply to
tobybul