Electric engine warmer for 110 engine

I have been given an offer to buy a new electric engine heater for appx.

80 $. It is heating the cooling water in the engine block. Is it worth it?

I live in Denmark - cold humid weather - and have a 280SE from 85 with an engine with close 200k miles on it - remanufactured two years ago as far as I know.

Best

Gunnar Mercedes newbie

Reply to
Gunnar Langemark

Why do it?

That gas engine should start when the outside temperature is -10 C.

So should a diesel but with more difficulty so many diesel owners install engine block heaters.

Rather than mess about with heaters you should be sure the car's battery is in good condition and the connections to it are clean and tight.

Happy Winter.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach