Fog lamp on SLK 230

Looking for advice....

I've a 98 SLK 230. The right fog lamp won't work. I've replaced the bulb and still nothing. I looked at the one I removed and the filament wire is still intact, so I'm pretty sure there's a short somewhere. Anyone have this experience, or have a suggestion where to start looking along the wiring path? I'm sure I could take it to an MB dealer and they'd eventually find it, but it might be a $200-$300 short, and I'd really rather avoid that if I could do it myself.

TIA for any help or experience with this scenario....

chad

Reply to
chad