Fog Light Glass

I have a 99 Wrangler Sport, and some nice person decided to do a pressure test on one of my fog lights and cracked the glass on it. I figured.. No worries.. Called Chrysler. They want $150 for it. I have to buy the complete light as they don't sell just the glass. Even on ebay, these things are going for $65+. Heck, I could get a nice new PAIR of KCs for $150... Anyone know an aftermarket source for the lenses on these fog lights? It has a name on them.. The name escapes me.. but I'm pretty sure it starts withan "H". Thanks!

Joseph

Reply to
Ice

They are all one sealed halogen unit as far as I know. Maybe check around at the auto wreckers for one.

Mike

Mike Romain

maybe

J. Sprauer

They have TJ fog lights for $60.

Reply to
billy ray

I have a factory fog light off of a '90 XJ limited. Is it the same lens?

If it is, you can have it for the price of the postage.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

You all remember my recent post on this? Well yesterday I was working on replacing my front disc brakes and rotors (thanks for the information posted on this long ago that I used - that link to the website for that was key for me), and I took out my fog light that had the smirking rock in it. Mike is right - it is a sealed beam, not just a lens as I had previously erroneously suspected. So I need one of these too. I am chagrinned that I see in another post that DC wants $150 for it, argh.

Here is what it says on the lens of this sealed beam as best as I can make out: at the top: OBEN

02B (might be C2B but I don't think so) 190N SAE F

at the bottom: in an oval - Z something W (a logo?)

357 3 (on the outside of the glass, raised) 82 (under glass like everything else)

My real search for this begins now that I have taken both of them off (broken one in the trash and the other off for matching up purposes). Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

See eBay auction Item number: 8023137830

1997 - 2005 TJ Jeep Wrangler Fog Light foglight OEM NEW Buy-it-now price $60 shipping $7.95
Reply to
billy ray

Well, I guess it's not the same.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Thanks Billy Ray

Reply to
Tomes

So I go to the local parts store today to see if they might have this light. It turns out that this is _NOT_ a sealed beam after all. Nope. It looks like a sealed beam, but the parts guy tells me to turn around and get one off the rack behind me. I see a rack full of tiny little lights and he says "the H3". It turns out that what I and ICE have that is broken is a housing/reflective structure that holds a little H3 lamp (that is easily replaceable if it burns out). That now explains why mine still lights up with no lens.

Billy Ray supplied a link to the whole apparatus with the wire, mounting, glass reflective structure and H3 bulb for $67.95 with shipping from jeepsareus on ebay. All I need is that glass thingy tho. Looks like I will need to do that or find one maybe cheaper in a junkyard (but the effort will negate any lowering in the price I suppose). eBay auction Item number: 8023137830 You all remember my recent post on this? Well yesterday I was working on

Reply to
Tomes

Interesting to know....

What year is yours and are they factory?

H3's are usually aftermarket units....

Mike

Tomes wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Standard build in the UK fwiw.

Dave Milne
2002 TJ. Standard fog lights. The little H3 is just a bulb that fits in the back of the housing/reflective structure, not the 'big light'. I believe this applies to the whole TJ run from looking at jeepsareus. Tomes
Reply to
Tomes

They must have changed the TJ fogs. The older ones like my stock CJ7 fogs are sealed beams.

Mike

Tomes wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain