Good independent mechanic in Houston area

Hi,

Does anyone have a good independent MB mechanic in the Houston area to recommend?

I will be in the area and will be looking to buy a used Merc, and want to have someone able to do an inspection and look after it if it has major problems.

Thanks, WS

Reply to
ws

I live in Oregon but bought my 82 240D in Houston. The car I bought was regularly serviced by Texas German AutoHaus.

Kinda pricy but a very clean and thorough shop. I didn't want the place that serviced the car to inspect it so I went to Helmut's Merz-edes. (Not sure why he spells it that way) 713-868-5272. Helmut did a fine inspection and did a tune-up and some minor work prior to the road trip home. He was great. Actually he wanted to buy the car if I didn't take it. $1500 for a 240D in great condition with 134K on it, who wouldn't?

This was 2 1/2 years ago so I can't say what's going on with either place these days. I'd be happy taking a car to either one.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Newman

Thanks Peter,

Yes, I did see t-g-a being mentioned, but they did seem rather pricey. Also,

and
seemed quite highly recommended on the forums. Will check them out when I get there. BTW, how *was* the drive to Oregon, and how long did it take, 3-4 days? I am half thinking of driving there AND back - if not too strenuous, with the family.

Cheers, WS

Peter Newman wrote:

Reply to
ws

Another one is British European Motors in Richmond, TX 77469, Jerry is good and honest, 281-342-9140.

Abid

Reply to
akhan