Help needed in Winterizing 560-SEL I will be away 2-3 yrs

Anyone know a good way to winterize a 560-SEL ?

I will not be using it for roughly 2-3 years ,I am afraid the motor might sieze up on my if I let it sit for that amount of time. My biggest worry is the fuel injectors might get gumed up ,or the motor will not turn.

Even under normal conditions it takes alot of crank power to start that engine. Its the largest one they make, I think the 600 is basically the same block board out.

Any good suggestions would be Great !

You can reply here or email me at

Here some pictures of the 1986 SEL-560 taken last summer. She is in Great shape ,about 80,000 and been kept inside from the day I bought her

Reply to
Bob Smith

Why? To where are you going?

(He asks nosily.) DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

2-3 years isn't that long actually. If the car is going to be indoors (garaged) you could just pull the plugs and squirt a bit of oil into the cylinders (like a teaspoon) and then disconnect the battery.

When you get back, do the same with the oil and charge the battery (or get a new one).

You could also use a fuel stabilizer like Stabil and run that for a bit before storage.

Shouldn't be any problem at all. Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph