How do you winterize an SL-500?

I live in Denver and don't plan on driving my SL-500 for most of the winter due to all the salt, chemicals and gravel they put down when it snows. All I had planned to do is have the car washed then put it in the garage and cover it with a car cover. Is there anything else you would recommend I do?

Thanks, Don

Reply to
Don

some things to do:

- fill the gas tank (to avoid condensation)

- add Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer and run long enough for it to make its way through the fuel system

- change oil and filter

- if practical, put on jack stands (easier on tires)

- put on battery minder (not a trickle charger) to keep battery from ruining itself

Scott D

Reply to
Scott D