how do you change an oil sump ford ka 1999

I am very new to car mechanics and have recently had the unenviable task of changing the oil sump due to corrosion. From what i have read this should have been a somewhat simple task only problem being my total lack of knowledge in car mechanics, i have got as far as removing

the bolts that are immediately accesible from under the car but 4 bolts

are unaccessible due to part what looks to me to be the gearbox. how the hell do theese parts come off in order to remove theremaining bolts

? Any form of help would be appreciated even a direction to a site with

useful information.

Reply to
psp

often the plate that obstructs the sump bolts is removable, just try unbolting it.

Reply to
mrcheerful

What mrcheerful said. Get a new gasket + some gasket sealant.

Reply to
Doki

Have you gotten your hands on a mechanical manual of any description or failing that, the Haynes Manual?

Reply to
DervMan