how to make a jumpseat for a 107 SL?

Regarding the prices asked for aftermarket jump seats for a 107 SL, I was wondering if it would be possible/easy to make a jumpseat by myself. Maybe starting from a second-hand backseat from an SLC model to have the right color of the leather ?

Did anyone try this already? Or maybe better, are there some descriptions available to do this? Because most of the now sold jumpseats are aftermarket products, I assume someone should at least have tried to do this.

Any comments greatly appreciated. Kris

Reply to
kris

Should not be too difficult....make a cardboard pattern for the base and the back, cut 1/2 inch plywood to fit pattern, get some 2 or3 inch foam ,trim it to fit pattern and glue it to the plywood base. Of course you could use the leather from an MB back seat or you can get vinyl that looks very close to the real thing at upholstery supply shops or outlet stores. Stretch the vinyl over the foam and secure it on the backwith staples. Or if you want real stitching have a local upholstery shop do it for you. Of course you need to figure out the seat belt attachment points. Peter

Reply to
Peter W Peternouschek