Maybach, other ultra-lux sold out...

Apparantly, it has been a record year for ultra-luxury cars, including the Maybach. They're completely sold out for this year, and already selling into next year as well.

My dealership is also a Maybach studio, and according to my sales guy, they've already sold well above their estimates, and are having a hard time meeting the demand, which pretty much concurs with this article.

Thomas J. Paladino New York City

04 S500 99 SLK230 95 S320 *for sale* 89 Lotus Esprit Turbo
Reply to
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

...and we don't forget that one could hear from within DC that they had problems with the start of the Maybach production so they are well behind their production plans - easy to be sold out when production is very sparse.

No, no, I don't have anything againts the Maybach but I have everything against the not-really-true information by DC.

Juergen

"Thomas J. Palad>

Reply to
Juergen .

We're taking advantage of low long-term interest rates. People who can afford rides like that, generally speaking, own commercial real estate and they're near the end of a killer cycle, especially with all the foreign capital, REITs and pension funds fleeing the equities market gobbling up landmark office buildings and such.

Reply to
FatHead

That URL now points to a story about a father-and-daughter pilot team working for Southwest Airlines.

I think this is now the correct link to the story you are talking about:

BTW: In MSNBC URLs, everything after the ".asp" is superfluous.

--Paul

** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Reply to
Paul Wylie