Mercedes 2000 ML320 Lift gate latch problem

I have a 2000 ML320. Out of the blue the lift gate will not open. The remote will not unlock it. I after much trouble have gotten it open from the inside latch. Then when I go to remotely set the lock/alarm, the locks lock/open/lock 2 cycles and the truck locks but the lift gate does not. When I open it the alarm sounds. Any ideas what my problem might be? Thanks, Rob

Reply to
rob33